Welcome to the Black Swimming Association (the BSA).
It's time to change the narrative below:-
. More than 50% of black people in the UK don’t swim.
• On average 700 people drown every year and more than 60 children drown every summer
• The risk of drowning is higher among ethnic minorities
• 1 in 4 children leave primary school in the UK (Where swimming is a compulsory part of the curriculum) unable to swim.
As you read this now, you probably know at least 5 people within your immediate circle who cannot swim. 1 of the 5 people you know, could even be YOU!
So, what’s our plan? We want to...
• Highlight the importance of learning to swim as an invaluable lifesaving skill
• Host learn-to-swim clinics across the country
• Collaborate with other swimming charities and national governing bodies to educate the black community on water safety, lifesaving and drowning prevention measures, so that everyone – including parents, children, YOU and your loved ones get the opportunity to learn to swim for your life
Join us on our journey to save lives. Keep following our page for more content and BSA announcements. #BlackSwimmingAssociation #BSA #TheBSA #BlackSwimmers #BlacksCanSwim #SwimForYourLife #WaterSafety #drowningprevention